boat wake with pop

edgem

Hello guys,

I am wondering if anyone has any idea on how to create a boat wake using POP in houdini ?

I would have no problem achieve the result with flip simulation but as I use ocean surface, I can't go into the whitewater simulation,can't I ?

My main goal is to ray the existing particle sim into this deformer shape but I am looking to create the initial boat wake look on a simple grid before doing that.

I am mainly looking for a proper workflow to create these streak that would appear in render.

Any advice is welcome. How would you guys approach this ? I have attached an image for the look of the effect I want to achieve.

Thanks

post-10324-0-90516200-1419015522_thumb.j

Edited by edgem

Although proper flip sim is better and preferred method. But yeah, you get this using pops.

To get wake (deformation on ocean surface) use magnet sop. And for foam procedurally select boat geometry around ocean surface then emit particles from that. 

Hey Pradeep,

thaks for your reply.

I am having no issue creating the wake and deformation. I actually used the ripple solver and ray the result into my ocean deformer. The problem is generating the particles. I can't seem to get these trails behind the boat on a single grid plane. Tried using curl noise but did not achieve required result. How would you do it ? Is it achievable using one single emitter ? I used a box parented to the boat with noise map for emission but I guess that's not the right solution ?

I am trying to get all these turbulent particles along the trails. Is that achievable using curl noise ?

Thanks

Edited by edgem