Moving particles after stopping them with a collision

Slein

Hello there!

So I have some particles colliding with a surface and stopping, but after a while I want them to start moving again. Problem is, turning off the collision at a certain frame doesn't work. The particles keep their 'stopped' attribute at 1. I think this is the problem, they do have velocity. that should work again if the stopped attribute is changed to 0... I think.

Is there a good way to change a particle's attribute like this one?

If the particle comes to a stop how does ti have velocity? Is their a global force being applied (apart from gravity)?

If the particles that collide come to a stop you can start a counter and count the time from when they stopped to the current time and after a certain amount of time start moving them again (whether you store them in a group of something)

Is that what you're looking for?

The particles have their 'stopped' attribute at a value of 1, Which causes them to actually ignore the velocity attributes, even though the velocity attributes are not actually 0. So this stopped attribute is keeping the particles in place, no mater what happens.

But I fixed it now, by using a POPwrangle with: "i@stopped *= 0;" The particles will retain all their collision attributes, but he the stopped attribute becomes 0.

The collisiondetection will keep the particles in place until it is disabled at a certain frame.

A timer on each particles would be interesting. How can I make a timer for each particle seperately?