Houdini-Real Flow plugins ready for H7 and RH9/Fed

Guest xionmark

Hi xionmark, first thanks for the realflow/Houdini extenxions.

I've tried to use the realflow extension with houdini 6.1, using linux RH 9.0, but the extensions doesn't load. In my houdini 6.0.286 the new operators load perfectly but with 6.1 doesn't.

What is the correct version i need to use with houdini 6.1, i'm testing with 6.1.435.

Thanks

Guest xionmark
I've tried to use the realflow extension with houdini 6.1, using linux RH 9.0, but the extensions doesn't load. In my houdini 6.0.286 the new operators load perfectly but with 6.1 doesn't.

What is the correct version i need to use with houdini 6.1, i'm testing with 6.1.435.

Thanks

13774[/snapback]

Hi Lisux,

For H6.1, they were built with the 6.1.208 HDK.

Is your RH9 machine using the 2.6 kernel? The current version of RH9 I have is still 2.4, but you might try the Fedora Core 2 version as it's built with a 2.6 kernel.

As soon as I have more info on migrating RH9 from the 2.4 kernel to 2.6 I'll do so, just haven't had enough time to do it yet.

Let me if that doesn't work for you.

--Mark

Hi Lisux,

For H6.1, they were built with the 6.1.208 HDK.

Is your RH9 machine using the 2.6 kernel?  The current version of RH9 I have is still 2.4, but you might try the Fedora Core 2 version as it's built with a 2.6 kernel.

As soon as I have more info on migrating RH9 from the 2.4 kernel to 2.6 I'll do so, just haven't had enough time to do it yet.

Let me if that doesn't work for you.

--Mark

13775[/snapback]

I've tried to install the 6.1 version but it doesn't work.

I'm using RH 9.0 with his standard 2.4.20 kernel.

I've copied the *.so files to /usr/hfs6.1/houdini/dso, restart houdini but the extension doesn't load, this is my texport output:

Houdini Master Version 6.1.208 (Compiled on Nov 27 2003)

/ -> dsoinfo -s

>> SOPs

platonic oplib:/Sop/platonic?Sop/platonic

clean oplib:/Sop/clean?Sop/clean

v_mountain oplib:/Sop/v_mountain?Sop/v_mountain

v_ripple oplib:/Sop/v_ripple?Sop/v_ripple

/ ->

I've set my enviroment variable HOUDINI_PATH:

HOUDINI_PATH=/home/pablo/houdini6.1:/usr/hfs6.1/houdini

Any clues???

Thanks

Guest xionmark

Hi there,

Hmmm .. that is odd, I've had 2 other users say they are using RH9 now and haven't had any problems, nor have I. It sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

One thing, I don't believe it's necessary to set the HOUDINI_PATH variable. If you want to place the .so files in a place other than $HFS/houdini/dso, or $HOME/houdini6.1/dso, then you'll need to set the HOUDINI_DSO_PATH, but that doesn't appear to be related to your situation. I would probably unset the HOUDINI_PATH var just to be safe though ... (I'm not on a Linux box at the moment so I can't verify until later today).

You might also set the HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR var and see if there's any errors reported upon loading.

===========================================

Ah ha!!! OK, I just realized what's up, you'll need to run Houdini 7 for RH9 ... there's no version of Houdini for H6.1 and RH9 ... doh! I should have noticed that right off, sorry. :blink:

Upgrade to H7 and try to install this one:

http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_...H9_v0.97.tar.gz

You should be OK after that, if not, let me know.

--Mark

Hi xion

I cannot test this problem until monday but only two things:

-Ok, houdini 6.1 is for RH7.3(or 7.2?), but i'm using houdini 6.0.286 in my RH9 without any problems, and with this version of houdini the realflow extensions loads prefectly.

-Second, i've tested the extensions without the HOUDINI_PATH variable and the problem is the same.

The next monday i'll test it again and check for problems, maybe we'll update to H7, maybe no, i don't no :)

The extensions for H7 are going well in RH9?

Thanks for your help again

Guest xionmark
-Ok, houdini 6.1 is for RH7.3(or 7.2?), but i'm using houdini 6.0.286 in my RH9 without any problems, and with this version of houdini the realflow extensions loads prefectly.

-Second, i've tested the extensions without the HOUDINI_PATH variable and the problem is the same.

The extensions for H7 are going well in RH9?

Hi there,

I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my last post, I meant to say I don't have a copy of H6.1 or H6.0 for RH9 thus I haven't compiled the plugins for them. If you really need to stick to 6.1, and can send me the 6.1 distro for RH9, I can make a build for you.

If you can, upgrade to H7, it really is quite nice but I understand if your pipeline is "tuned" for 6.1. Let me know what you'd like to do.

On a related note, I'll have the plugins compiled for Win32 with the .NET compilers this weekend, the current version for Win32 is for H7.0.161 which I used MSVC 6.0.

--Mark

Thnanks xionmark, the 6.1 build that we have is the stable 6.1 version, 6.1.286, that is compiled for RH 7.2 or 7.3, but we have tested it with RH9 and it works fine. I can send you our 6.1 version and if you can find the problem i wouldl be very thankful with you.

We are studying the option to upgrade to H7 ...

Thanks

Guest xionmark

Hi,

If we could setup a way for me to get the H6.1.286 distro, I'll build the plugins for you. Let me know if you need me to create an ftp account or whatever, email doesn't do so well with huge attachments ... :-(

--Mark

Hi,

If we could setup a way for me to get the H6.1.286 distro, I'll build the plugins for you.  Let me know if you need me to create an ftp account or whatever, email doesn't do so well with huge attachments ... :-(

--Mark

13934[/snapback]

Thanks xionmark, i'll try to create an ftp account for you the next monday, please let me know any email address where i can send you the ftp account data.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xionmark
Thanks xionmark, i'll try to create an ftp account for you the next monday, please let me know any email address where i can send you the ftp account  data.

13946[/snapback]

Hi,

I don't know if you've setup the ftp account or not, but here's an email address you can send me details: info (at) digitalcinemaarts.com Sorry I didn't send this earlier.

--Mark

Hi,

I don't know if you've setup the ftp account or not, but here's an email address you can send me details: info (at) digitalcinemaarts.com  Sorry I didn't send this earlier.

--Mark

14136[/snapback]

Thanks mark,i'm know occuped with other issues but at the end of this week, or in the next week, i'll fall back to the houdini-realflow tests.