bindExport and addAttibute problem in H14

felo44

Hi,

addAttribute in the VOP nodes has change in Houdini 14, before you were able to setup a variable with addAttribute but now you need to use bindExport (I might be wrong so please let me know if I am). The problem for me now is if I want to use the bindExport to modify the "Cd" attribute into a "if-then-block" node it doesn't let me do it (before I was able to do it with the addAttribute node).

Could someone help me to find a way for this to work, please?

Thanks

you should be able to do that, not sure what the problem is.  You could try wiring your output into the "Cd" attribute on the output block (without using a bind export or add attribute).. 

one thing that trips me up sometimes is that name of the actual vop sop node cant be the same name as a parameter to the node.. not sure if that's the problem or not.

-G

Hi,

addAttribute in the VOP nodes has change in Houdini 14, before you were able to setup a variable with addAttribute but now you need to use bindExport (I might be wrong so please let me know if I am). The problem for me now is if I want to use the bindExport to modify the "Cd" attribute into a "if-then-block" node it doesn't let me do it (before I was able to do it with the addAttribute node).

Could someone help me to find a way for this to work, please?

Thanks