Flame from Temperature Field?

timfagan

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create a candle effect and I've managed to find the look I like in the scene view, but when rendered I just see the glowing wick (fuel source).

The temperature field looks great and has the effect I like, but it seems this not the same as the actual flame? Is there a way to make the flame look this way? In the pyro network, the simulation tab, there's the fields for temperature and flame. I've played with those but none seem to change this...

candleFlame1.avi

post-12939-0-90105100-1428458455_thumb.j

post-12939-0-12304200-1428458465_thumb.j

No I don't think so, I've tried to find material explaining how to do this but I'm having trouble. I've been through Peter Quints pyro videos and tried to find others online. Any tips on where to find this kind of info?

Edited by timfagan

If you post your hip file I'm sure I could help you figure it out. If for whatever reason you are unable to do so, just take a look at how the Candle shelf tool is setup. It automatically assigns a pyro shader with temperature for density and heat for color.