Extracting transformation using matrix

Hello,

I have an animated(simple rotation and transformation animation) cube imported in Houdini. I want to extract its transformation  and want to apply it to a model that I have modeled. I want to know how to extract transformation using matrix . Can someone pls post a file showing how to do this using matrix.

Thanks a lot

:)

Thanks Spark chan and Pradeep. I came across similar approaches on the forum http://forums.odforce.net/topic/17260-normal-orientation-using-vop/. Can we build a matrix without using quaternion. I am learning matrix math.  Is it possible building a matrix without using quaternion and get the same result?  

If you check the file posted by tjeeds in the link I mentioned(HARD_WAY approach ), I tried using that approach to get the output but something I am not doing right, the points of the cube are moving but not maintaining the shape and volume. 

I am sorry I am not able to post my file. I will post it once I reach home. 

Edited by sadhu

This is what I have got so far. In one of the methods I am using makeinstancetransform vop and other method I am trying to build matrix as per the file I got from the link I posted above. I am not getting exactly the same result in any of the methods.  

I have few more questions regarding building a matrix. How to determine the order in which the components should be connected of a 9x9 matrix in this case.

I am not sure how tangetu , tangentv , N and up attribs help for building a transformation matrix. I am guessing they are used to determine orientation but not sure how.

Thanks

:)

matrxi_study01.hipnc