FLIP fluid - weird sucking action

microdot

Hi all,

In all my other tests, the fluid always pushed out and up with the colliding logo.

But this one is sucking downward to fill that space between the logo and the surface.

Not sure what I did differently. Was wondering if someone could take a look?

BTW Imma rookie.

Thanks.

File attached.

(Sorry ignore the missing geo cache import - was testing mesh)

POST.zip

rebootTEST04_02-h264.mov

Edited by microdot

Have two advice:

1, U better not to attach a file wich has a really small value of the Particle Separation. That just a test. And my cpu can't bear down.

2,U should check the collision Guide in the Dop. As I see,maybe u should make the Uniform Divisions higher.   Then, U must enable the "Stick on Collision" in the flipsolver note, volume motion tab! And the stick scale can control how much particles stick on that collision geo!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Another quick question.

I've come across this issue somewhere but can't seem to find it now.

As I increase the particle sep of the flip fluid, the water level crashes to the bottom dramatically.

The higher res, the faster and more compressed it falls. Is this a reseeding issue (currently off)?

Can't figure it out.

Another quick question.

I've come across this issue somewhere but can't seem to find it now.

As I increase the particle sep of the flip fluid, the water level crashes to the bottom dramatically.

The higher res, the faster and more compressed it falls. Is this a reseeding issue (currently off)?

Can't figure it out.

Will microdot, my advice to higher the value of particle sep is just in the test.   If the movement is pretty OK.   U can lower that value as lower as u want.  If ur computer can bear down.  Mine cpu is I7 2600.When I open ur file,I crashed!!  hahaha

Hey, apologies. I thought I upped the part sep to a decent spot before I saved that version.

Hmm.

I usually test low and cahce hi, but as I upped the part sep, thats when I notcied the drastic increase in collapsing fluid.

EDIT:

AH I see, too many posts ha. Yeah this one was way too high, apologies.

I learned from this mistake since. Disregard.

Edited by microdot