vmantra -H flag what?!?!?

incr

Hi

I thought'd I'd get another comp working on my vmantra renders, so I installed Houdini on it and added -H [computer name] to my render vmantra command (executed in cshell) locally. The 2nd comp runs Houdini fine on it's own, and the hserver service seems to be there. But when I kick off a render the 2nd comp dosen't even twitch, and I'm getting no errors locally.

We've got 10 render licenses, and a systems guy who dosen't know about Houdini. My comp is Win2K and the other one is XP. Anything you can remember about what vmantra -H requires to run would be greatly appreciated, the brief mention of it in the docs isn't giving me many directions to look in setting up multibox renders.

Quick question: are you running Apprentice? Because multi-processing etc is disabled in Apprentice.

http://www.odforce.net/wiki/index.php/HoudiniApprentice

Hi

I thought'd I'd get another comp working on my vmantra renders, so I installed Houdini on it and added -H [computer name] to my render vmantra command (executed in cshell) locally.  The 2nd comp runs Houdini fine on it's own, and the hserver service seems to be there.  But when I kick off a render the 2nd comp dosen't even twitch, and I'm getting no errors locally.

We've got 10 render licenses, and a systems guy who dosen't know about Houdini.  My comp is Win2K and the other one is XP.  Anything you can remember about what vmantra -H requires to run would be greatly appreciated, the brief mention of it in the docs isn't giving me many directions to look in setting up multibox renders.

14303[/snapback]

Yah no this is full on non-Apprentice Houdini @ work. Unfortunately it's a bunch of licenses for 4.1 that I'm resurrecting to do some elements, and as you know there's not much in the way of support for software that old. Again though. 4.1 or not, anything anyone knows/recalls about the requirements of vmantra -H network rendering would be greatly appreciated.

I'm already too good at Zuma.

Quick question: are you running Apprentice? Because multi-processing etc is disabled in Apprentice.