Problems with droid destruction

sheyoystudio

Hi people! I have a problem with a Droid Destruction ( I apologise for my ...horrible english), I'm using a mocap's nulls to imparent peaces of a robot body (fractured for collision) and convert its to rigids body with constrain. But..what's happend? when I try my collision the piece of body act in a wrong way it not following the null animation. I try to cache it's animation and create a group for a 'active' attribute ..but don't work. 

Can you help me?

I post a file with a 'super' basics scene without the cache only with null animation.

Thank you in advance guys! 

SCENE BASICS.hipnc

Hi Mart...erm, I mean... sheyoystudio  :P

I´m attaching a QUICK version of a solution in this post.

A couple of things you did wrong.

1) you cannot assign the group and the "active" parameter before packing. You must do it AFTER packing the geometry, so that you can deal with one point per piece. Otherwise each piece would have many points, which becomes much more difficult.

2) I also had to add a "deforming" parameter, so that the inactive pieces (the group with an active value of 0) moved every frame with their original animation.

This example works more or less, but part of the forearm separates from the inactive pieces. You could "fake" the results changing a bit the collision, but I thought of another way (better and more elegant) to solve the problem. Only, I didn´t have the time to apply it. (8 hours a day should be my limit for student´s help, you know...)

You should try this yourself:

1- don´t use a glue network

2- don´t apply the active or deforming parameter in SOPs, but inside a SOP Solver

3- inside that SOP Solver make ALL the pieces have active 0 and deforming 1

4- as the colliding sphere gets closer make it attribute-transfer a red color to the arm pieces

5- the pieces that get red color are put into a group

6- the pieces inside that group get active 1 and deforming 0.

In my head, this should work. If you get this working, you would be able to apply the same method to all your collisions and robot parts without any problems.

SCENE BASICS_Mia.hipnc

Edited by Netvudu