Group DOP Objects by age

I'd like to group DOP objects after they become active in the SIM, I dont think it should be tied into $F because I have an active value which activates pieces of geo at different times.

I know that you can group dop objects by position using:  dopoption(".", $OBJID, "Position", "ty") <= -3

But I wonder how you'd group them based on their "normalize age".

My methodology is to add a "counter attribute" to the DOP objects using a sop sover inside the same network and then find out what syntax I'd use to access the "counter attribute" and group using that.

Any thoughts ?

What's up Nic!

I assume your not using packed prims because you're using the dopoption expression.  Take a look at this file and see if does what you're looking for.  It isn't in a sopsolver though.  Instead it creates a dop level counter attribute based on activation.  That attribute can then be used to make a group.

If anyone has any other clever ways, it would be cool to see.

activecounter.hip

Edited by rtep

Nice.

I didn't know where the activevalue was stored.  SolverParms/ActiveValue would have been a good guess though...

And I didn't know you could use `/` to get deeper into dopfields.   dopfield($DOPNET, $OBJID, "SolverParms/ActiveValue", "Options", 0, "active")

That's good to know.  Thanks.