Very simple cloth

Dezra

Hi everybody.

While watching the skinwrap modifier video from discreet I wanted to recreate the simple cloth behaviour (ball goes forward pushing curtain mesh) that is shown there. After trying a few things that obviously didn't work I'd like to ask if anybody can help on this. I'm sure its verry simple but ...

Thanks.

hey Dezra

i havent seen the video, if u post the link then maybe i could give u a better solution.

however the

ball goes forward pushing curtain mesh

can be achieved by using a softbody and collision pop.

i just did it, basically taking an animated sphere, and a grid, and selecting the top row of points, grouping those (thats to define the static or fixed points). then in the popnetwork - which i created at the sop level.

Having a softbody use the grid as the sop, then select the group for fixed points.

Then set ur tension up, the higher u go, the more u have to set ur Oversampling, (which can be set at ur sop level for ur pop network)

Then just ad a collision pop, and set behaviour to slide.

I added a drag pop(not too high - i used .2) and gravity (force pop -5 Y force) and it gave me pretty much what u'd expect when a ball goes through a grid made of something clothy ;)

Its late so im not expecting syflex results :sleep1:

set ur tessalation on both the ball and grid up quiet high, and the tension on softbody around 150.

hopefully u come right and if this doesnt make sense, then its probably me , (at work on a saturday night, after a great but rough friday night) :wacko:

anyways, let me know if u have any problems,

all the best

aracid :blink:

Hi aracid.

Many thanks. The video link was posted it the character forum in the skinwrap thread. I tried the method you described and it worked very nice. Only problem is that the grid(cloth) is very rubber-like ,draping 4-5 times its own length. I reduced the gravity force up to -0.2 and set tension up to 400 but it still behaves the same way.

Thanks again and cheers (and get a good rest :) )