Particle shape collision?

Navneet Arora

Hey people, I am not able to figure out how do i assign random shapes to my particles as instance and then have it in rigid body sim. I have certain objects from maya which i want to multiply and use as rbd. Similar to what we do as shape collision in TP.

I have tried using rbdpointobject but i want it to be driven by pops.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I don't know how TP works, but your best bet would be using the awesome Packed Primitives instead of pops.

Packed prims would be easier setup, better collision and not coding involved to get correct collision, rotation and whatnot...

This lesson could get you started

Well what you are saying it's confusing..."assign random shapes to my particles as instance and then have it in rigid body sim". Do you want to solve your problem with POPs or RBDs? If you want it all in POPs it's gonna be a little more setup(mostly with vex or popvops) which you won't need with packed prims...

Just so people are awarey, in thinking particles, particles and rbds aren't separate, shape is just a property of the particle, and if you have the shapecollision node (solver) they will collide as rigid bodies.

In Houdini the two are typically separate, however using packed prims and a multi solver you can use pop nodes with bullet. Check out this video at the end. They hook up particle forces with bullet.