girtab

Hi all ! I'm a french studient in 3d, and i started studying Houdini this summer.

But i have a problem with a tuto for creat ocean waves

Tuto :

I don't have any good render just my grid with a bad texture, I don't understand why.

I get my project Houdini in this topic if somebody can help me .

Thanks !

Ocean_Waves.hip

Hi.

Are you working on Apprentice or Indie version?

I ask this, because without looking at your file, the most frequent problem here by far is the ocean shader looking for a ".pic" displacement texture while Apprentice and Indie Houdini versions save either "piclc" or "picnc", meaning the displacement does not appear at render time.

Just changing your shader texture to the appropiate extension should work.

Edited by Netvudu

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

No i work with a normal version my picture s name is .picture.

But i see the probleme is with my ocean render and in the video the guy dont explain what he take une the node ocean interior.

Ok,I didn´t understand your last  reply  :P  But still I took a look at your initial scene and there were a couple of things wrong.

It has nothing to do with the ocean interior. The ocean interior is there only to ensure you don´t get a transparent ocean which could be the case, as we haven´t created anything below the surface.

The ocean surface shader was NOT assigned to the ocean surface node, which obviously means you will never get a proper render (you need the shader displacement)

Also, your shader displacement map was only pointing to frame 148 which is wrong. I think you changed this manually, which makes me suspect you don´t really understand the whole setup yet.

If you´re starting with Houdini you should probably start with SOPs.