VOP SOP / pcopen ... help

I am sure I am just doing something incorrectly, but I am attempting to work through an older cmivfx course and i cannot seem to reproduce one of the lessons. It was created in an older version of houdini.

Anyway ... the network is supposed to find the nearest point on a piece of geometry given a query object. It uses 'pcopen' and 'while loop'.

I stripped it down as to not get in hot water with cmi ... but here is a .hipnc that has the working network (colored green) and my attempt at recreating it (colored red). If anyone can tell me what I did wrong that would rock.

there is a custom marker that will display the 'nearptnum' attribute so you don't have to drill to the spreadsheet.

Thanks a ton ...

M

vopsoppcopenbad.hipnc

You are trying to set an attribute value with an addattrib node, it won't work as  you are only defining the default value of the attribute. To set an attribute value use either the setattrib node or the bind export node.

Thanks ! I will check it out right away.