Don't have "add point to group" vex node in vop sop?!

Hello guys!! 

I just discovered today that I do not have certain nodes in houdini that houdini has had since houdini 11. I have tutorial files from cmivfx and I looked at the created time for the node and it was 2011, whatever version of houdini that was. I'm using houdini 14 and it doesn't have the nodes:

add point to group

create point group

point in group

I am installing daily builds! What is going on?? Someone please help. Thanks! :)

yeah, i feel your pain.  houdini 14 has abandoned the sop context for vops in favor a context free generic "attribute vop" which serves the purpose of all vop types now.

i think it's a bit of a move backwards myself.  you should still be able to do everything you used to, it'll just be using new/different tools.

H14 CVEX in SOPs should be able to do everything now and more.

Look at the Add Attribute VOP to also create and populate groups. This can add and populate Groups of type point and primitive. It can also create/write intrinsic data. Good for modifying transforms on Packed and Alembic deferred primitive types.

Look at the Set Attribute VOP to write these out with proper signatures. This can populate attributes, Groups of type point and primitive along with intrinsic data (see above).

By moving everything over to CVEX simplifies all networks. As Houdini moves forward, look for much more enhancements to this context now that we have a generalized context.