Memory Leak in White Water Solver

Jebbel

Hi guys!

I'm having problems with the Whitewater solver. My memory fills up and around 360 frames I crash.

I've read the following article about it: 

https://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=37350&sid=c91c1025b83c0c6f7780e546ec4248d1

But I don't think this applies to my scene. I've written out the entire .sim sequence from my DOP network (I needed all the collision data as well) so all the fields should be there.

Just as a precaution I've loaded only the "surface" and "vel" fields via a dopfields import as my whitewater source. So that no irrelevant data is loaded into the whitewater sim. This seems to be working correctly.

No matter how I cache the White-water solve though...my memory always seems to fill up rather quickly and eventually crashes my houdini. the scene is rather large though...but I'm writing directly to disk.

Am I missing something? any comments or advice is, as always, greatly appreciated :).