2015 generalist reel

j00ey

This is my first reel with Houdini work on it after starting using H a couple of years ago.

--> http://50percentgray.com/

There are no spectacular, huge sims or anything but I'd be very interested to hear any comments / criticism.

Thanks for watching...

*edit*

There's a fair amount of other software in there too, a mixture mainly of Maya, Nuke, SFM Toolkit, RGBD Toolkit

I'm finding though that I spend less and less time in other programs as I run into far fewer brick walls using H than I used to...

Edited by j00ey
  • Like 2

Thanks Marty.

Yes, the brain is an amazing object. I was surprised the reconstruction turned out as well as it did with all the gaps and occlusions, helped though by the complex surface patterning.

Thanks by the way to you and all the others on here and sidefx forum whose advice and examples have been such a great help learning and exploring Houdini. The community here really is the best I have ever encountered.

Someone brought to my attention that there was a separate setting for mobile and desktop start page on my site and the mobile one was still pointing to my old, non-Houdini reel. Fixed now in case anyone's looking on mobile is interested to see the new one...