Changing attributes on points that are changing

jim c

I've got some points that are being generated whose point count is changing over time. What I'd like to do is add a series of attributes that can get calculated/modified over time in a solver SOP. However when I bring these points into the Solver SOP nothing seems to work in terms of changing them, and in fact there are no points in the "Prev_Frame" sop. If I merge the "Prev_Frame" with the "Input_1" nodes then I get points, but I get "in between" points. almost as if the solver were acting like a trail sop.

The points represent leaf positions, what I'd like to do is "grow" each of the leave (based on age). I was hoping to use the solver to alter a set of attributes over time and then use these attrbutes to control the leaf geo.

This is sort of a pop-net like problem, but I can't figure out how to import the points into a pop net that works correctly.

Any ideas on how to solve this would be much appreciated!

Attached is a hip that shows the problem in the first paragraph.See /obj/lsystem_object1

solver_changing_points.hipnc.hiplc

Wow, thanks so much, that's *exactly* what I was hoping to do. Am I the only one who found this rather non-obvious? I was always under the impression that what you generally wanted to fiddle with in the a Solver sop was the "Prev_Frame" node?

Anyhow, thanks again for the really well documented hip file.