cracking some glass

Hi there.

I am rather new to Houdini. I have been looking at Lsystems in order to create several cracks running across some glass. The idea is that one is meant to see the glass break up in super slowmo. So one should be able to have a clear look at the cracks creaping across the glass.

Now I already have the Lsystem behaving close to what I want. Nice bunch of randomness with erattic/stuttered movment. The issue is now. How do I take these curves and break up the surface. What is the most reliable way to do this.

Also. Is there a way (its houdini I am sure there is) that I can get a fragment of glass to become a seperate object as soon as the cracks manage to enclose it. So it could become its own seperate piece. So if the fast moving object, let say a bullet, hits the glass a bunch of cracks will appear. Once these cracks tavles far enough to enclose a piece of the glass so it can become a seperate fragment. Then idealy this fargment will be added to a simulation where it will fall away from the main glass panel.

Lol. No I am not asking for much.

CHeers :)