Please help me with this tracer effect

aoisaki

I'm intrigued by this look more than I should be... ;)

Dunno what noise function you're using, but here's another attempt to get that trace lines look. Rather than do the volume convert method, this just displaces scattered lines by the noise function, and colours points based on the density.

I also drive the curve width using the density attribute and use the H15 curve width display, sorta works.

noise_lines.hipnc

post-7292-0-67452600-1446941585_thumb.jp

You need to be more specific there, because planar patterns possibly not what you want to get at the end. Haven't seen a video, but the image is a perlin noise used as velocity. Any sane black and white gradients can be used this way to control angle, or to attract and repel points. In case of custom geometry, you need to constrain angles by some vectors building a tangent space, but I believe that video is about it.

bbsiqnm.png

swirl.hipnc

• Like 6

You need to be more specific there, because planar patterns possibly not what you want to get at the end. Haven't seen a video, but the image is a perlin noise used as velocity. Any sane black and white gradients can be used this way to control angle, or to attract and repel points. In case of custom geometry, you need to constrain angles by some vectors building a tangent space, but I believe that video is about it.

bbsiqnm.png

This is awesome ! Thank you for your help!