Guide hair dynamics?

Andrew@Savid

Hi all,

Im fairly fresh to the houdini fur tool set (Houdini 15), im coming over from shave / yeti. I have fur setup on a creature no probs but im stuck with a few simple things that I cant seem to find a simple answer for.

1) Guide Hairs

Guide hairs work a little differently in houdini to what im used to in terms of dynamics, one thing I cant work out is how to lock or "bake" a groom down using guide hairs for non dynamic response. For example I have a creature that I have groomed, when I translate the character's base mesh or have the base mesh deform the guide's remain at the origin? I would expect them to follow without having to add dynamics, Is there a way I can create a groom using guides and have it stick to a mesh thats translated and or deformed without the use of dynamics? 

2) Scale

Im unsure as to how to handle scale with the fur tools, our pipeline will bake down scale into the animation mesh so I have no scale information. In my case, one creature is being instanced out multiple times using the same fur setup however they are all at different scales

Thanks guys! really appreciate any help I can get.