Flip problem,kind of Boundig Box appear and affect flip.

Ber

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a Flip fluid project and i've a problem.

My geo emerge from fliptank and i've a kind of bounding box appearing around the geometry.

So I don't really understand this behavior, and even if it's not really hard to fix I would like to know why this thing happen. (btw if you have an idea to fix that... :P )

Here is a sample of the simulation (sorry for the poor quality of the video:/)

flip_issue_01.mov

Thanks,
Bye

Bertrand

Hi everyone,

I come back to you in order to resume the conversation and wish you a happy holiday season.

In summary, I've a problem with my flip simulation (personal project), when my geo emerge from below the flip, I've an unexpected behavior with my fluid in a square area around my geometry. I join in the previous post my scene and a .mov which show the problem.

I'll continue to solve this problem, but if you have any advice i'm more than interested !

Thanks and very good end of year!

Ber

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bertrand,

I opened your file and I see that you are reading this cache from disk "F:/005_LIQUID/CACHES/GEO_CRISTAL_$F4.BGEO".

I just cleared the READ IN path for that to start the sim in the DOP network and it worked fine...Idk if by reading in that cache during the sim it would make any difference, but it's likely...

You should merge the cache and the sphere together and VDB them together then bring those in the DOP net...

Feel free to post the cache file...

Good luck