Sharp Corner Extrusion/Loft

7ofDiamonds

Hello! I'm trying to extrude a profile from a curve and retain a sharp corner. I've tried using a sweep, but it gives me a rounded corner (makes sense because it's nurbs). Also tried poly loft, gives me the desired results, but I don't want the polygons. Tried using the new Poly Extrude tools but to no avail. Would really appreciate any tips on this.

Thanks!

post-12698-0-96803400-1452177970_thumb.p

post-12698-0-47669200-1452177971_thumb.p

sweeploft.hipnc

Was actually able to fix this, accidentally! Used a sweep, then skin. For some reason, ticking "V order" on in the skin sop and changing the value to 2, gave me the desired results. While I'm happy with the results, it would be nice to have an explanation of why the order of splines along V fixed this problem..

post-12698-0-71881200-1452178847_thumb.p

• 4 weeks later...

Nurbs works with tangents if you will, the higher the order, the further "ahead" it will look in the curve (as long as vertices are available) to make a straight line.

meaning in order 2, you need 2 points to form a straight line, in 3, 3 etc.

so in your window frame example, if you add an extra point on the curve at the same position,

you should have been able to keep it at order 3 and that way keep the smoothing near the top if would want that.

Also Hi Freek, how are you these days ;)?