Calling the Knights of the houdini world!!

aracid

hey pretty cool .

I think lava needs abit of work .

Right now the color range of the the lava is a little bit too flat .I might be wrong tho.

edited

I also think the sphere shape of the particle is a bit obivious in some place .if you can break things up , it will be a litlle bit more interesting.

other than that you guys have done a pretty good job.

If you need any modeling help , pls let me know.:D

i know i am abit late for the party :P

hey pretty cool .

I think lava needs abit of work .

I also think the sphere shape of the particle is a bit obivious in some place .if you can break things up , it will be a litlle bit more interesting

16674[/snapback]

hey altbighead

thanks for the comment

thants exactly what im gonna work on :-)

it looks a bit :huh:

u think ull have time for modelling anything ?

all the best

aracid

hey altbighead

thanks for the comment

thants exactly what im gonna work on :-)

it looks a bit  :huh:

u think ull have time for modelling anything ?

all the best

aracid

16689[/snapback]

when is the deadline?Right now I am unemployed so I can spare a few hours every day. :P

Hey Guys,

You need a CG Car??? Well I have one. The only catch is I its not in Houdini its in XSI and I made some of it in Lightwave it could be converted to Houdini but I don't have a commerical copy of Houdini to do the conversion someone else would have to like Jason Iverson. I used mental ray shaders too. Here are some images I am almost done with it its a work in progress. :);) Does this break the rules of the challenge or not? I know the one I had to pull out of it did not break the rules. Shaders are done in Mental Ray so you can render this out in Houdini. :);) This is the only way I can contribute to the contest I am slammed. lol

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

edit: images removed - too large.

Edited by Marc

Hey Guys,

I just saw that the challenge is over.  I guess to little to late in me joining in. Oh well I am voting for you anyhow.  :);)

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

16815[/snapback]

hey hey

hey Nate, we always seem to miss each other. cough cough avalanche.

cool car, would of been nice to have it ride a bit of lava.

and altbighead, thanks for offering, we all just gonna have to do somethin on the next challange.

thanks again to cgkeltuzar, hope ur lighting class buddy isnt still so far behind ;-)

and to everyone else - thanks

all the best

aracid

I couldn't participate myself, but I voted for you aracid. Your contribution was very good, while most people seemed to have voted for MasterZap I thought your lava looked better, visually speaking. Also several details, like the traffic light, were nicely done.

hey MG

in many ways i agree with u, because on a shot to shot comparison, some of the other entries were weaker, however nice edits and some sort of structure is hard to compete with.

anyways, it was fun to work on,

so thanks for the comments and support.

all the best

aracid

Hey Aracid,

Well you know aracid I had to show up fashionably late for the party. The only thing was when I got there I found out that bell bottoms were no longer in style. lol Yeah maybe someday, I will actually work on that avalanche again. lol Who knows. lol I still need to finish that other animation I started in Houdini with the two characters in Hand to Hand Combat. Ugh. I am going to use that Light particle technique too dag gone it. lol I am not going to do the space contest this month but Maybe the next one. As long as they have a theme that is interesting. Quite honestly I don't want to compete against a bunch of people that have already done their space odessy and have decided that now they will animate it for the contest. lol Thats one heck of a head start. That car will probably be finished up here in about a week. :);) I am getting super detailed with it.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler