Strange PolyExtrude behaviour?

nigelgardiner

Hi There

Possibly I'm missing something really simple, I've been using poly extrude to make a volume from a defined group with which to create a vdb from but it doesn't always work, today I can't get it to work at all.

The first example here is a cylinder with a polycap at one end which polyextrudes fine to give me what I want.

The second example is the same cylinder where polyextrude will only work half way it won't let me add the interior faces back in without crashing.

Also in the second example is the group (part of a glass) which I can't seem to polyextrude at all.

I did manage to polyextrude from that group last week but on revisiting I can't get it to work at all.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as I'm sure I'm probably just looking at it the wrong way..

Thanks

Nigel.

poly extrude test1.hipnc

poly extrude test2 .hipnc

polyextrude would crash Houdini when trying to extrude the shapes as outlined above.

It was strange because it did it fine once and then I couldn't repeat the extrude movement without polyextrude crashing Houdini.

I came to the conclusion I was probably using polyextrude in the wrong way.