bug?: houdini stuck in cancel mode

fathom

anybody bump into this?  i've been using 15.0.313 for some time, but i just started using the the "pre-fetch cache" option on the file node.  now what's happening is i'll cancel some lengthy sop and it'll cancel just fine, but then everything else i try gets cancelled... like placing a new operator (at any level).  data is still available for sops that were cooked, but i can't get anything to recook.  new operations are flagged with "cooking was interrupted".  i have to quit and restart to clear it.

before a submit a bug report, i thought i'd float the question here to see if people have seen it and reported it already.

so it's actually a bit weirder.  the cooking thread (if there is one) seems to be immortal.  so rather than firing off and cooking my geo and exiting, it's persisting between cooks.  any cooking time indicator is just a continuation of the previous cooking timer.  and if i execute to disk, i get the little popup progress window and it stays up after my task has completed and keeps counting even tho it's done.  and it seems to update the "status" with what is currently cooking if i end up cooking new things... i guess when i cancel a task, the thread never dies and so it can't clear the cancel...

i haven't reproduced outside this file, but it always happens in it.

• 6 years later...