Edge Displacement Effect (mapping one object's disp to others, sim

I'm interested in a specific effect. Namely, I have a basic, perfectly square box modelled and sculpted in ZBrush, where I applied interesting displacement to edges. Now I want this effect to map onto other objects in Houdini, not only boxes - some look like slivers, shattered pieces of land, etc. Is there a Houdini Ninja here to show me a way? I thought the best solution would be to have each object same UV mapping, which would solve the case prettey easily - yet for objects which deviate from my original box object much (like boxes squased so they resemble a plane) there appear artifacts - which seems normal, since my displacement texture gets squased and stretched here and there. I thought of other solutions, like resigning from displacement texture and using remesher along with peak, smooth and facet - it gives me a nice effect, but I would like to have the possibility to transfer my displacement maps(designed for a box) onto other objects with same UV mapping.

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...