Life expectancy of Particles ignored -

I was a little confused on why it wasn't working myself and then I realized you have a pop simulation pointing into another dop simulation in another dopnet. I don't think it works this way.

I don't know exactly what you are trying to do but, if you just want more particles to birth off of existing particles, you should just use the Point Replicate POP. You can set parameters on there, such as life, just as you can on the source POP.

I am attaching your file with a modification to show you what I mean in case you need it.

-Ryan

LifePOPS.hipnc

Edited by rbowden

That 's a good method -  The only problem is that I am using that original POP sim to drive two different sims - so I can't stuff them both into the same DOP network (the project I uploaded doesn't include the third sim)

Still wondering why it doesn't work in the alternate setup... 

I've worked around it by putting a POPKill into the second sim, btw.

The reason it is getting the life of the source particles is because it is inheriting its attributes. Check your POP source of the second DOP net and take a look in the attributes. There you see that it's inheriting all the attributes from the source particles. You could exclude life from being inherited: * ^life

Hope that helps.

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is just an attribute confusion on why its not working. If you were to delete all the attributes (except for P and v) before going into the second or third popnet then, you will get the result you are looking for.

edit: Dennis beat me to it!

-Ryan

Edited by rbowden