Cracks are visible in render before it happen

Sourabh

Hey guys 

I have done inner and edge displacement on my fracture pieces ,it looks fine but while rendering cracks are visible before it happen  

see in the below image 

Note: (I have done the fracture pieces and displacement manually not with voronoi fracture node) 

Thank you 

post-16147-0-12603500-1460643754_thumb.j

Edited by Sourabh

It looks like the problem comes only when you add displacement. Have you tried adding the displacement only to the pieces that have moved? You can compare the point position to a rest position and use that to dial in the displacement amount in the shader. That way the cracks on the flat pieces shouldn't show. I don't have time to play around with it right now, but can take a look later. 

Cheers, 

WD

Hi Sourabh, 

I just had a little play around with your scene. I got rid of the unwanted displacement by dialling in the amount based in difference between P and rest. You seemed to be using rest in your shader but there was no rest attribute on the geo, so I added that. There was also a fuse which was causing the point count to change which was messing with rest position, so I disabled that. This might require a workaround. The noise I added is not the same as yours, you will need to tweak that to get it to match. I also only applied it to one of your shaders, you can do the other! ;D

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

WD

displacement_smoothTop.hipnc

• Like 1