chs or chf?

Dries

I'm in the middle of a little export to Maya script using the python script from odwike.

I need to evaluate the channels on selected objects, but for that I need to know whether I have to use the chf or chs expression. Is there a way of querying this? When using chf on a string channel chf("/obj/cam1/lookatpath",$F) I get a 0. Something like -1 or so would be more appropriate.

Thanks,

Dries.

opparm -d does what you say it does, but it doesn't take any time indication. I can't ask for a parameter value at frame 10 for example. Or can I?

This is needed for my script to export the animated channels. The 'chls -a' gives me all the possible channels and the ones that are animated, which I can query with the 'chf("path",10) expression.

But here the problem is as stated that it returns a 0 for a string channel :-(

Or is there a way of advancing a frame in hscript? I tried setenv $F=101 but that didn't work...

haha, but I tried again and fcur seems to be the command I was looking for. Strange, I've never needed this before. Damn, I'll have to rewrite my script though...

Hey, stop answering your own questions,  :P , takes all the fun out of it.  :D

16573[/snapback]

Hey Simon, it's a good feeling to know people like you are still out there. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but I'm back in Belgium and even though I'm pretending as hard as I can, it isn't exactly houdini land.

D.