Houdini 2015 op:'opinputpath(".",1)' for vopsop / attribvop

kennyd

Good afternoon, 

I am working on the digital tutors tutorial Creating your own custom Pyro FX in Houdini.

For some reason my vopsop or even the attribvop (Houdini 2015's replacement of the vopsop) does not connect the inputs in their respected coded name.

Like input 2 should be connected to fuel, but when I middle mouse click to double check, it just highlights and doesn't show the path that 

op:'opinputpath(".",1)'

is supposed to direct it to. 

Is there an edit to Houdini 2015's op:'opinputpath(".",1)' code?

I hope my explanation is good enough to understand, there is a file to show you what I mean.

vopsopError.PNG

19 hours ago, kennyd said:

... even the attribvop (Houdini 2015's replacement of the vopsop) does not connect the inputs in their respected coded name....

in Attrib VOP you no longer need to do that through Parameter VOP yourself, if you look inside at Geometry VOP Global Parameters, all input geometry handles are already bound as Opinput1..4 parameters

• 5 months later...
On 6.06.2016 at 2:51 AM, kennyd said:

Everything seemed to work out! Thanks for the help guys :D

Hi, just a quick question - how did you make it work? Through the old VOPSOP or the new Attribute VOP? I keep getting problems with translating stuff to newer versions of Houdini.
I can see what anim suggested but it seems as if the attributes are not comming through - when I plug it in to Cd I don't see any color change.

Update: I got it! (after 3 hours of going crazy ;) ). If anybody has a similar "problem":
In VOPSOP we didn't have to plug in the P when working with PCOpen, in Attribute VOP/Point VOP even though we don't have to write expressions and can plug in other inputs from "outside/the upper level" directly to PCOpen it doesn't process correctly without the additional P input. Here's a comparison (both versions working):

loogas_attribute_point_VOP_PCOpen_solution.JPG

Edited by loogas

• 1 month later...