Visualization Engineer - Houdini/Unity - El Segundo (LA) - UPDATED!

chrsmith

update:
All: If you have Houdini experience and you are applying for this job or have applied for this job already, please let me know here. HR may be overlooking candidates that we may like. If you have a demo online, feel free to send me the link. If we see someone we'd like to meet, we'll make sure HR contacts you.

Description

The Engineering Visualization Resource (EVR) group, located in El Segundo, California, has a position available for a 2D/3Dvisualization generalist. The candidate will support the production of highly technically oriented graphical visualizations for a wide variety of aerospace and defense engineering initiatives.

The candidate will participate in an Agile/Scrum team and must be able to independently and cooperatively research, design, and implement solutions based on a project’s objectives.  Due to the artistic nature of the work, candidates with a history of working with writers and visual artists in a production environment are preferred. Good written and oral communication skills are required. Candidate must be prepared to present a portfolio of recent work.

Qualifications

Basic Qualifications:

-BS with a STEM major

-2+ years of experience working with Houdini and Photoshop

-Proficiency in all aspects of 3D visualization content creation, with an emphasis on 3D asset creation, including modeling, texturing, and rigging

-Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required

Preferred Qualifications:

-BS in Computer Animation or Video Game Design
-Experience creating and animating a variety of vehicle models, including air- and spacecraft, 3D environments, and terrain, will be preferred

-Proficiency using Unity, Photoshop, and Catia or NX, along with standard Microsoft Office applications is highly desired

-Computer programming knowledge and experience is a plus. (Python, Unity, Visual C#, etc.)

-Current DoD security clearance

https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=16012170&lang=en

(or careers.northropgrumman.com, search for req# 16012170)

Edited by chrsmith

• 1 month later...

All: If you have Houdini experience and you are applying for this job or have applied for this job already, please let me know here. HR may be overlooking candidates that we may like. If you have a demo online, feel free to send me the link. If we see someone we'd like to meet, we'll have HR contact you.