python - otl button - make the button press other button

Juzwa

Hi, 

So inside my otl there is a ROP Output Driver. I want my otl button to make press the save button on the ROP Output Driver. 

So I have this button: '/obj/MyOTL/save'

And want to control this button: '/obj/MyOTL/rop_output_driver/execute'

I've been trying for some time now but I just cant find the function to simply press a button :)

You can basically just set up a Python callback on your save button that does one of two things:

- Calls hou.Parm.pressButton() on the execute parameter on your ROP node: hou.pwd().node("rop_output_driver").parm("execute").pressButton()

- Calls hou.RopNode.render() on the ROP node itself: hou.pwd().node("rop_output_driver").render()

Both are basically equivalent as the button is going to invoke the render method of the node

Okay. So I have now two buttons in my OTL. Save and Force Load (this is just a reload in file SOP)

Save Button: hou.pwd().node("save_constraints").parm("execute").pressButton()

Force Load Button: hou.pwd().node("read_constraints").parm("reload").pressButton()

Save button works perfectly all the time, no matter how many otls I have. But The load button... sometimes it work and sometimes not. Usually I have to dive into OTL, manually press reaload, and then the Force Button will start working. As long I'm using the same OTL. When I change the working OTL its the same story. Have to dive in, manually press reload...