How to increase voxels/resolution in a pyro sim, without changing the shape of the sim

arkahtek

hi guys I'm trying to increase the resolution of my pyro sim without changing the look of the sim.  Every time i increase the voxels/resolution from 0.1 to 0.05, the pyro Nuke "stalk" starts bending to the left. When i change it back to 0.1 it goes straight up like its supposed too. I tried to increase the viscosity in the pyro solver in the NUKE SECTION "( I labeled it ). It works to some degree, but it decreases the confinement and just makes it look to smooth. You'll see it when you guys dive into the Dop network. Can you guys give me some pointers or help on how to raise the resolution without changing the look of the sim? All i did with this sim really was use the shelf tools and key framed the velocity, temperature scale,  in the pyro node etc..

HOUDINI 15.5 NUKE IN PROGRESS 2016.hip

edit: Can anyone give me posters on how to up - res my cache files. Thanks 

Edited by arkahtek

The best way to move forward from this problem is to up res as carlo said. Make sure your low res is cached with velocity. You can load it from disk into your up res network, It will say SOP path in the source node. This is always a good step to have in your workflow because you dont have to pay for HQ velocity data. And allows you to iterate at LQ and not have to worry about it looking different at higher resolution.

Thank you yes I have it cached to disk in a .bgeo.sc file. I tried to up res it without the cache and it cause the stalk to bend ..so I'll try it with the cached version like you advise. I'll try it and get back to you guys.

Yon i tried putting in the path to my .bgeo files from my file cache node in the nuke pyro import. i don't see a box that says SOP path in the  source volume node. There's a volume path box, i tried putting the file path in there...nothing seems to happen though. i need a walk thru of this..i tried looking for a Tut on this but they're from houdini 10.