HQueue unable to open file

Berenice

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a weird problem with HQueue. I have 3 client machines, firewall disable on all of them, they have all the necessary authorizations and access, the file I want to render can be open on each of them with the exact same path (and I've tried to open it on each of them, it works perfectly) but... when I submit the job to HQueue, it fails on all machines with this message :

".........................
    return function(**kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 15.0.244.16\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 1489, in simulateSlice
    controls_dop = _loadHipFileAndGetNode(hip_file, controls_node)
  File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 15.0.244.16\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 331, in _loadHipFileAndGetNode
    _loadHipFile(hip_file, error_logger)
  File "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 15.0.244.16\houdini\scripts\hqueue\hqlib.py", line 362, in _loadHipFile
    hou.hipFile.load(hip_file)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.16/houdini/python2.7libs\houpythonportion.py", line 518, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.16/houdini/python2.7libs\hou.py", line 22697, in load
    return _hou.hipFile_load(*args, **kwargs)
hou.OperationFailed: The attempted operation failed.
Unable to open file: X:/3d_Projects/MyProject/Houdini/Beach_4.hip"

My file is in an other shared folder than the specific one for HQueue, but I even try to submit it from the HQueue shared folder and it doesn't work either.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on ? I am stuck...

• 2 weeks later...

When Hqueue runs a job, it's doing so as hquser, by default. When I've gotten similar messages, under Linux, it was because my shared folder hadn't been setup properly and the hquser couldn't access it. The shared folder should be readable/write able by the hquser especially if setup with thr installer. Maybe verify hquser has permission to access your Hqueue Shared folder? I don't currently have access to Hqueue or HQ under Windows, to help, but maybe give that a try.

Good luck!