Vex Shader

JohnnyBGoode

Hi all.

In order to get my head round VOPS better, ive been piecing together my own custom shaders just to aid my work.

This one is to use for my 2.5d mattepainting.

Ive basically set it up so that the main light model is a constant shader, however, because I will be projecting separate parts of the projected image in layers, to play with in compositing, ive decided to set up a sort of render pass thing that lets me have a shadowmatte and a matte option.

Ive also added an alpha map option, as when projecting i find it works well when my original image is multiplied by an alpha so that the rough geometry doesnt need to be so perfect....

Im mainly curious about the Alpha and the Matte VEX setup.

The way I have it now, the Matte is overriding all the alpha information....which is obviously not what i want

I think i need to set it up so that when the Matte is chosen in the Render selection, it allows the Matte alpha to be used, otherwise I want to block it.

How can i do this, and am i going about setting up alpha/matte in the right way?

I know its a bit of a crazy idea, but its helping me understand VEX on my own, and its giving me a tool that I can use for my project to speed things up.

you guys are my only source of info..... :huh:

...So thanks for any advice.

J

ok ok - i see a buncha stupid things ive done already

i divided the texture by the alpha image, when there was no alpha to be divided anyway, so that was a mistake...it only needs to be multiplied.

The shadowmatte is for when i finally have some cg objects in the scene.

...im basically wondering if im setting up an Alpha right (where i make the alpha image in photoshop, and then multiply it by the texture in VOPs as I have done above)

Im i doing things right, or is there any info i can read on what to do?

Cheers

J