Pyro motion blur issue

maxpayne

Hey guys. I have a problem with the rendering motion blur for a fire. There is a vel field in the volume so it should work but it doesn't. In the help said that if I load caches from file then I need to create a volumevelocity node. I tried to do that but it doesn't help. Did anyone have this problem ? The image motion blur works well but I want to get real mblur which depends on velocity.

Thanks.

Oh you meant that you want a velocity pass. Because you said real mblur and I thought... what's more real than 3d mblur :D

yes, there is an extra step I guess to create that, but I would not suggest post mblur for volumes, because in my experience post mblur doesn't coop very well with transparencies or very small objects like particles.

No. I meant motion blur right at the rendering stage. It works only with the image motion blur option. If it turned off then it doesn't work. I would say that image mblur is okay but when the camera is moving I get just long streaks but I want to get the mblur without calculating the camera motion.  

Edited by maxpayne

Well, that option "image motion blur" is for when you need to create separate motion blur pass, but don't want do apply motion blur to the image. So if you want mblur in the image you need that option to be turned on. It's not 2D motion blur as you might suggest. Am I getting this right this time? :)

As for the object only motion blur... not sure if I can help with that. All I know is you can render camera only motion blur. But either way wont be correct for the final image. You can dial down "shutter time" on the camera and that will decrease mblur overall.

Hope any of that mumbling helps :)