What I Have Been Up To :) ;)

MatrixNAN

Hey Guys,

I know I have not really posted in well a very long time what I have been up to but I think I will say a short blurb here. Well I have been playing around with some other programs and in the coming weeks and or month at the worst I will be intergrating it into Houdini. I have an idea for a system that kind of auto models characters very very quickly all the way up to driving the Rigging and Animation systems within Houdini. So I will probably be posting results a while from now but if people are interested after I have posted results then I will make learning videos in attempt to fund the purchase of like Houdini Escape or something like that. lol :);) Anyhow I created this character model in about 45 minutes to 1:15 minutes I am going to actually time it to the seconds when I have my Houdini system up and running.

Back Sculpt

Ok This one was not done fast but I was playing with the shading in XSI and I am going to try and figure a way to export Mental Ray shaders from XSI and import them into Houdini. Might be really useful since XSI has a great shading system but also since a ton of people don't know Houdini and might make a good workflow for incorperating the two programs together.

XK140 Back End

XK140 Carpet

XK140 Side Interior

XK140 Dash Board

XK140 Head Lights

XK140 Angle Shot

Anyhow I did post this before but I never ended up reformating the images. I will literally be finishing up the Car tomarrow, and I am working on finishing up the modeling workflow for the character. When I finish what I have setup here it will be so fast for a modeling character workflow. The Houdini Work Flow will be even faster once all the OTLs are setup. That comes later. I need to finish this process first.

Cheers,

Nate Nesler

P.S. Tell me what you guys think. :);)

Hey Sibarrick,

Actually I don't have any more shots of the character because I am getting rid of all of the triangles in the base mesh model. Once I get rid of them I will get much cleaner results and create a 2nd base mesh which will largely be based on muscle bone studies of male anatomy. I will do female later since they tend to be wildly different in my opinion. I will post more when I get the quads done and I start working on the base 2 mesh. I know what I am saying is probably not making any sense right now but it will later. :);)

Cheers,

Nate Nesler