Copying Keys

deecue

has anyone else noticed little quirks with the channel editor in regards to copying and pasting keys? sometimes i can copy and paste using hotkeys, sometimes i can't. sometime i can use the "C" and "P" buttons at the top to copy and paste, sometimes i can't. Sometimes a mix of the two work, where using the "C" button will work but not the "P", so i use alt-v for that. then when you actually do get it to finally paste, my tangents don't match up exactly. they're close, but still off. I still haven't been able to paste keys in the graph editor (only dope sheet, which i prefer anyways)..

i'm just now getting in to using traditional animation in houdini (as opposed to procedural animation) and realize this could all be happening due to me not being completely familiar with it yet.. maybe i need to go and brush up on some of the character tut's and videos..

but yea, i wanted to know if this is something people are dealing with as well or if it is just me. and if it is me, a few pointers are welcomed..

thanks all,

dave

i think i might have posted a little too early on that one.. after playing with it some more, it's working much better... seems like you just can't copy and paste in the graph editor.. only dopesheet. don't know why but i guess it's ok. i don't seem to be having tangent issues like i was before (except for an occasional first and last key, which i expect some difference in). and everything else seems to working like expected..

so it seems as if i have conquered the advanced and extremely technical concepts of "copying" and "pasting".. oh yea baby, there's a good monday for ya.. :blush::lol: