Poly Bridge

Tepe

Hi, im new in this forum, and i will introduce myself exposing my problem with poly bridge.

I used the Polybridge node to connect the external part of the rim with the central piece, but when i subdivide the mesh, i get bad topology and no smooth on the red edges as shown in the images.

I will appreciate any tips to fix this problem. thank you and sorry for my english :) 

1.png

2.png

thank you for your answer, but i still couldn't fix the problem. the subdivide don't affect the red edges area :(.

@nisachar i have a bad topology flow where the rays connect to the rim, the screen don't show very well this issue, my bad, but i fixed it increasing the division of the rim.

On 25/02/2017 at 10:51 PM, Tepe said:

thank you for your answer, but i still couldn't fix the problem. the subdivide don't affect the red edges area :(.

@nisachar i have a bad topology flow where the rays connect to the rim, the screen don't show very well this issue, my bad, but i fixed it increasing the division of the rim.

Do you mind uploading the file ?

The subdivide node seems to throw up some bug and doesn't evaluate the edges properly where the polybridge joins the two ends. It treats them as 'unfused' 

The workaround as of now seems to be to add a 'çlean' before adding the subdivide node. OR maybe add a fuse node after the subdivide

Thanks to friedasparagus over the sidefx forum.

Edit : It might be due to the fact that the normals for both primitive sets are in the same direction. Add a reverse sop to either one fo them before the bridge.

Corrected Normals.png

Edited by nisachar
solution