how to avoid curl noise trails end into point

Welcome to the forums.

The issue is that you are ray projecting a 3-D noise-field onto a 2-D surface. Imagine looking down on a 3-D box of trails that run through curl noise and even though it does not bunch in 3-D space as you spin around it. If you look at it through orthogonal views you will see it appears to bunch. I attached your scene with the fluid source sop showing what I mean. If you increase the length of your trail sop you will see the shape of the noise field. I increased it to 500. You can animate the noise the field if you want, but it's more of tackling the symptom that alleviating the issue. But it may get the job done that you want.

curlnoise_trails.hipnc

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LaidlawFX said:

Welcome to the forums.

The issue is that you are ray projecting a 3-D noise-field onto a 2-D surface. Imagine looking down on a 3-D box of trails that run through curl noise and even though it does not bunch in 3-D space as you spin around it. If you look at it through orthogonal views you will see it appears to bunch. I attached your scene with the fluid source sop showing what I mean. If you increase the length of your trail sop you will see the shape of the noise field. I increased it to 500. You can animate the noise the field if you want, but it's more of tackling the symptom that alleviating the issue. But it may get the job done that you want.

curlnoise_trails.hipnc

Hey LaidLawFX, thank you for your detailed explanation :) 

got it now !