User Interface / Maximize pane horizontally/vertically ... how do you use this function?

Hi Mark, thank you for your answer. Does that "Maximize Horizontally" do something for you? I have tried it many ways, also I have tried to set hotkey to it, but no success ... I use Alt-' a lot, but it hides everything. Those little arrows are very useful, I know, but small ... it would be so so useful to assign hotkey to them ... I was hoping to discover some good practice in the "Maximize Horizontally". If it does nothing, is it bug then?

There is ALT + \

This will max a splitpane, how it was split depends on if it will max horiz or vert but should reflect the same menu item available.

Be careful not to confuse with ALT+/ (forward slash) -- this will close the tab instead of maxing

i am surprised it doesn't show this shortcut in your screen grab as it should be a default

The Hotkeys should work on all desktops, I think this was added somewhere in Houdini 15 or 15.5?

But I don't see the KB command in the menu in the screen grab...

Did you try searching the hotkey manager and see if its is remapped? Have you hand edited the hotkeys file?

Try edit --> hot keys --> search --> String --> Maximize in split direction

and see where it is.

Maybe close Houdini, rename you hotkey file in your home directory HoudiniXX.y/HotkeyOverrides... maybe its corrupt?

It is odd that you tried to map a hot key to it previously ... it should have had the default.
Are you running this on very old or low powered hardware?

shooting in the dark a little ....

• Like 1

Thank you guys very much, I reinstalled to 16.0.600 and it is working now! It wasn't working in some previous build that I had, so I thought I am doing something wrong. It is a great feature, now I see!

Thank you and excuse me please.