scooping

cann

Hello there nice people ^_^ I have 3 questions that are confusing me please pardon my ignorance as i am just a noob :lol:
* want to simulate a bottle getting in a flip tank and scooping water and comes out?
* how to simulate buoyant object?
* how to art direct rigid body/ buoyant objects ?

Thanks in advance :D

Your questions are a very vague and an answer would mayve not very helpful. We can help very much better if you have a special problem. Why not modeling a bottle use a flip tank and do what you want to do. Then if you have problems, you can ask much better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haggi said:

Your questions are a very vague and an answer would mayve not very helpful. We can help very much better if you have a special problem. Why not modeling a bottle use a flip tank and do what you want to do. Then if you have problems, you can ask much better.

Oh i am awfully sorry didn't realize that my question wasn't obvious really sorry again pardon my stupidity ^_^
here is the thing when i do that bottle and dip in fluid thing first it doesn't fill up fully, 2nd when it comes out the fluid gets squished to a thin layer at the bottom of the bottle, and is there a way to create bubbles around the bottle and air pockets effect? i guess that is a different question though. And another question is there a way to simulate with lock frame like in "RealFlow" where it sims without advancing in the timeline to create initial state and such ?
again thank you very much for even considering to answer my idiotic questions :rolleyes:

And by buoyant objects sim i meant floating objects on to of the fluid and the by the "art directed" question i meant like a rigid body that has keyfrrames and then after a specific time it starts siming and floats on the surface of the fluid

Edited by cann

No, there is no way to simulate without time advancing as much as I know. But you can simulate, save the result and use it as initial state.

So it seems you already tested someting. Do you have a hip file to share?  It is hard to say what could be the reason for non filling and sqashy liquids. Maybe the collision object, maybe the particle separation, maybe the overall scale. In a hipfile we can immedatly see the reason in most cases.

For the bouyant objects, you should make them rigid geometry and increase feedback scale in the flip solvers volume motion settings.