Viewport Camera Issue

my viewport likes to go to "almost" black/dark when looking through certain cameras at a certain point.. i've had this issue for a while now (since 7 i believe), but never mentioned it as it didn't bug me enough.. but now it's turned in to a problem..

what i mean by black/dark is that the whole scene looks like someone turned off all the lights in the room leaving only a hint of ambient light to see what's barely going on.. i notice it when looking through a cam while moving it around, it just flickers back and forth between the correct lighting and this almost pitch black scenario.. and it only happens when looking through a specific cam.. never see it when tumbling around in 'no camera'..

before, if it went black, i would just nudge the camera slightly and it would fix itself.. but now, this is becoming a problem because i'm setting up my final camera compositions for rendering and i want to flipbook what the scene looks like.. and sometimes cameras that looked fine before, all the sudden go dark when switching back to them at a later point.. so when i go to flipbook, it may stay the same lighting, it may not..

no matter what, the render still comes out fine, it's just the gl and through a camera that's causing the issue..it's quite frustrating and i know i didn't have this problem in the past (before 7)... i know it's kinda late, but still wanted to see if anyone else has scene/dealt with similar issues..

running H7.0.457

on

winxp sp2

nvidia gf4 ti4200

thanks all

nevermind, i seem to have figured it out what was causing it.. after digging through changing and deleting things, it came down to a few lights being set to orthographic.. once switched to perspective, the issue was gone.. don't know what was liked by them being orthographic, but oh well..

so i'm gonna come back to this out of curiosity.. why is it that when you set a light to orthographic, it flickers on and off in the viewport..

here's an example file based on a default houdini startup with a grid, a single orthographic light, and a moving camera.. (look through camera and hit play)..

orthographic.zip

anyone care to explain if this is a bug or a reason for it doing this...?