Water drop splash

Hokmah

I know that houdini 16 have cool water drop splash system and there is few tutorials about this kind of effect but maybe someone was trying to achieve this kind of splash when fluid drop falling down and collide with static object, not with the tank like usually on tutorials? I'm trying for two day create this kind of effect usually adding some forces but it is flat :/

milk-splash-3d-model-obj-3ds-fbx-blend-dae.jpg

Water_splashes_001.jpg

Well ... but for that crown, I think that you need some liquid on the ground/leaf too. At least a bit. Then the drop has a "cup" shaped collider made of repelled liquid and makes the crown. The crown is also made of that previously static liquid being shoot ... imho. But I understand ... then some other guys have to help, I am not that good.

EDIT: both of your reference images are a drop fallen into liquid, do you have another reference without the liquid on the ground?

Edited by ikoon

2 minutes ago, ikoon said:

Well ... but for that crown, I think that you need some liquid on the ground/leaf too. At least a bit. Then the drop has a "cup" shaped collider made of repelled liquid and makes the crown. The crown is also made of that previously static liquid being shoot ... imho. But I understand ... then some other guys have to help, I am not that good.

Exactly, with some amount on the surface it shouldn't be a big problem but I need to create this kind of splash using only this particle which I have in my liquid drop.

• 1 year later...