Edge Flow

probiner

i don't think it would be a problem. usually old nodes are hidden but they are still available for backwards compatibility, at least for a couple of years. to see older versions of nodes you can turn on "show all operators" in preferences->shelves and tab menu. for hidden nodes check out the hscript command opunhide.
but in case you're feeling uncomfortable using old nodes, i've attached an alternative method.

divide1.hipnc

hth.

petz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, probiner said:

@petz
How reasonable it is to use an old SOP? And how did you get a hold of it?

That SOP indeed does produce the the "MidPointDual" which is the costliest operation atm.

Thanks

No operators get taken away in each new release of Houdini, they simply go to 'Operator Heaven' (hidden from view but accessible to old scenes) and can be unhidden with opunhide command in the Textport. Also useful for accessing old versions of operators that have options that aren't available in newer versions of Houdini.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/commands/opunhide

EDIT

Apologies for the duplicate info, @Petz hadn't replied when I started drafting my reply. :)

Edited by jonmoore

2 hours ago, jonmoore said:

No operators get taken away in each new release of Houdini,

This is a bit of fiction that needs to die. i.e. the cloth solver is incompatible to previous version.

2 hours ago, marty said:

This is a bit of fiction that needs to die. i.e. the cloth solver is incompatible to previous version.

I should have added 'within reason', but in most cases old scene files load old operators (in new Houdini releases)  and opunhide can provide access to old operators. Apologies for upsetting your literal sensibilities.