Invisible RBD collider

mattjakob

Hi,
Creating a primitive group on your collider and after the DOP using a visibility node pointing in the group previously created should hide your collision geo but only in the viewport not in render. Also it's possible filter the wanted RBD object with a "dop import SOP" or from the DOP network --> Object merge tab. Or turn off "display geometry" inside the "rbdpackedobject" DOP node of your collision, should hide the collision geo too. :)

Cheers,

-Dam

Edited by Dam

• 3 years later...

I'm very happy to have found some explanation about inside collider. Here what I want to achieve is a kind of hatching of an egg with letters that will pop out of the shell. In the process of learning the rdb and the constraints I did this scene. The shell does separate in 2 big pieces, that's one part that I want but I also want the top part to have few pieces separating. The fracture is done, but I must not quite understand how to connect everything together. And I have in the viewer two eggs and there should be one...  Would anybody have some tips to where to look for my mistakes ? I attach the file if ever someone has time and some problem solving imagination that I cannot have I the moment. Thank you in advance.

Scene_ABC_04_withDopnet_02.jpg

MJ_abc_04_withDopnet.hipnc

This is what I was able to accomplish with the help of an assistant in my course and the support of this blog. Thank you. Here my file if it can help someone else to figure out that kind of stuff.

NAND427_A20_Parent_Marie-Josee_TP1_RBD.mov

NAND427_A20_Parent_Marie-Josee_TP1_RBD_MJ.mov0001-0360.mkv

dopnet1.0001.jpg

dopnet1.0048.jpg

dopnet1.0096.jpg

dopnet1.0120.jpg

dopnet1.0216.jpg

dopnet1.0336.jpg

NAND427_A20_Parent_Marie-Josee_TP1_RBD.hipnc