How to group by filter expression "$CR>" in Houdini 16.

Hi everyone, 

I'm following a Houdini 15 tutorial and i'm using Houdini 16. Seeings as the group node has been changed in H16 i'm having trouble getting the same results. The tutorial uses a paint node to highlight a section of geometry and then uses H15's group node to select the painted geo. It then makes that selection into points and enters the expression “$CR>.2” into the filter expression box. 
Does anyone know how to replicate this in H16 with the new group nodes? I've included a screen shot of the tutorial for reference. Any help is really appreciated.

Chris

Capture03.PNG

Edited by chrissweeny

Got an answer from another forum. Figured I'd leave the solution here for anyone else needing the work around.

I needed to paint the geometry.
Then add a Group node and a GroupExpression node. Set both to points.
Then use the VEXpression “@Cd.r > .2”.

Got me the results I needed!

Capture04.PNG

8 hours ago, chrissweeny said:

Got an answer from another forum. Figured I'd leave the solution here for anyone else needing the work around.

I needed to paint the geometry.
Then add a Group node and a GroupExpression node. Set both to points.
Then use the VEXpression “@Cd.r > .2”.

Got me the results I needed!

Capture04.PNG

hi Chris,  you don't need both of those SOPS,  having just the groupexpression by itself will do.

-G

• 1 year later...

many SOPs are switching to VEX snippet-style syntax for ad-hoc group masking and parameter expressions. local variables like $TX $TY etc still exist, but they are only compatible on a SOP-by-SOP basis, and they don't support arbitrary attributes like @myAttr<3, so my advice would be to start using the VEX syntax wherever you can.