Houdini, Particle, Alembic, Cinema

thinkinmonkey

Hello,

problem

how can I use the imported vertex color of cached particles in Houdini with a cloner in Cinema 4D?

Story

I simulated and cached simple particles in Houdini and imported in Cinema4D by alembic format. They have colors according some rules created in Houdini, in the end, it's just plain Cd.

If I select particle when importing, I see no particles in viewport, so I switched to polygons.

When I use a cloner to clone a sphere for every vertex, I expect the sphere to have the same color of vertex, like you normally have with a copy node, instead the sphere has no color if not the one of the shader.

I know, I already asked in an other forum about this problem more about Cinema 4D than Houdini, with no success, it seems to me it's not straightforward like in Houdini, of course, with all the respect to Cinema 4D, fantastic program, and its community, but I was wondering if someone had the same problem and found a solution.

Thank you in advance.