Cone Twist Constraint Relationship - Motor Target per constraint

j00ey

Hi

I'm having a problem with a cone twist constraint network. I'm setting all the axes per constraint in SOPs  (goal_twist_axis, constrained_twist_axis etc) and I wanted to set the motor_target values inside a SOP solver in my DOP network but it's just not doing anything. I can set motor_enabled and that works fine.

I've tried v@motor_target, v@motor_targetr, f@motor_targetry, nothing gets picked up. I can't find anything in the docs or online... Any ideas?

Well I'm actually not trying to achieve anything in particular, I'm learning some RBD stuff, specifically constraints and was looking into the cone twist.

I think it may be a new thing but it does now have a motor capability and it does work globally [to be honest I'm still trying to understand what it's really doing] but per-constraint doesn't. I just copied the name from the related param field in the same way you can find the names like goal_twist_axis etc and indeed i@motor_enabled works but I couldn't work out the motor_target.

conetwist.jpg

I see - I just tried setting it with a quaternion and it's doing something! Thanks very much for the pointer.

Where do you see that in the spreadsheet though to be able to tell you have to set it with a quaternion instead of a vector?